Your IT team plays a vital role in keeping your business running smoothly. They are responsible for maintaining and managing your data, applications, and infrastructure. As your business grows, so does the amount of data that your IT team has to manage. This can quickly become overwhelming if your IT team does not have strong Salesforce Archival solution capabilities.
Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform that can help your IT team manage your data more effectively. Salesforce provides a comprehensive set of tools for managing customer data. It also offers powerful archival capabilities that can help your IT team keep your data organized and accessible.
There are several reasons why your IT team needs strong archival capabilities with Salesforce. First, Salesforce can help you keep your data organized. It offers a variety of features for managing data, including the ability to create custom fields, views, and reports. This makes it easy for your IT team to find the information they need when they need it.
Second, Salesforce can help you keep your data secure. It offers a number of security features, including password protection and data encryption. This helps to ensure that only authorized users can access your data.
But yet companies look beyond Salesforce for data backup and archival needs, and there are reasons for it. We will look at why Salesforce archival and backup is important and why to look for a solution beyond Salesforce.
But before this let us understand why it is critical to have a data backup.
Criticality of Salesforce Data and Backup
- Salesforce data is critical to businesses and must be backed up regularly.
- Salesforce data can be lost due to accidental deletion, hardware failure, or software corruption.
- Salesforce data can be very large and difficult to back up using traditional methods.
- A strong archival solution for Salesforce data is essential for businesses to protect their data and avoid disruption.
Why Need To Archive Data Outside Salesforce org?
There are several factors that highlight the need for archiving data outside of a Salesforce org. One factor is data growth. As an org accumulates more data, it becomes more difficult to manage that data within Salesforce. Archiving data outside of Salesforce can help to reduce the amount of data in an org and make it easier to manage.
Another factor is compliance. There may be compliance requirements that dictate how long certain data must be retained. Archiving data outside of Salesforce can ensure that data is retained for the required period of time.
A third factor is a performance. As an org accumulates more data, performance can suffer. Archiving data outside of Salesforce can help to improve performance by reducing the amount of data in the org.
Overall, there are several factors that highlight the need for archiving data outside of a Salesforce org. Data growth, compliance requirements, and performance issues can all be addressed by archiving data outside of Salesforce.
Difference Between Salesforce Archival and Salesforce Backup
There is a big difference between archiving data in Salesforce and backing up data in Salesforce. Archiving is the process of permanently removing data from Salesforce. This data is still accessible if it is needed in the future, but it is not taking up space in Salesforce. Backing up data means that the data is copied and stored in a separate location. This data can be restored if it is ever needed.
Salesforce archival is important for two main reasons.
- First, it helps to keep your Salesforce account organized and tidy. When you archive data, you are permanently removing it from Salesforce. This frees up space in your account so that you can store other important data.
- Second, archiving data can help improve performance. When there is less data in Salesforce, it can run more smoothly and quickly.
Backing up data is also important for two main reasons.
- First, it provides a safety net in case something goes wrong with your Salesforce account. If you ever need to restore your account, you will have a copy of all your data that you can use.
- Second, backing up data can help you save time. If you ever need to retrieve data from Salesforce
Is Your Salesforce Data Protected?
Your IT team needs to have strong archival capabilities in place to protect your Salesforce data. Archiving helps to keep your data safe and secure, and it also helps to free up space in your Salesforce org. Without archiving, your data could be at risk of being lost or corrupted.
Do you need to comply with any regulations or standards?
If you are subject to any regulations or standards, such as HIPAA or PCI, then you will need to ensure that your Salesforce data is properly archived. Archiving helps to meet these compliance requirements and gives you peace of mind knowing that your data is safe and secure.
Do you want to improve performance and reduce costs?
Archiving can help improve the performance of your Salesforce org and reduce costs. When data is archived, it is no longer taking up space in your org. This can help improve performance and reduce the amount of storage space that you need. Archiving can also help reduce the costs associated with storing and backing up your data.
Why to Rely on ArchiveOnCloud (AOC) for Backup and Archive
- AOC is a cloud-based archival solution that offers a number of advantages over traditional on-premise solutions.
- AOC is more reliable than other solutions because it is hosted in the cloud and backed by latest technologies like Machine Learning an AI.
- AOC is more flexible than other solutions because it can be easily customized to meet your specific needs.
- AOC is more cost-effective than other solutions because it is affordable.
- AOC is easier to use than other solutions because it is designed to be user-friendly.
- AOC puts no limitations of volume of data.
- AOC offers unlimited history tracking of records.
- AOC keeps your legacy data safe for future use.
Overall, AOC is the superior choice for backup and archival for your Salesforce data protection. It is more reliable, flexible, and cost-effective than other solutions, and it is also easier to use.
From data loss prevention to improved customer service, there are plenty of reasons why your IT team needs archival capabilities with Salesforce. Not only does data archival help keep your data safe and organized, but it can also save you time and money in the long run. If you’re not already using a Salesforce backup or restore or an archival solution for your Salesforce data protection, now is the time to start. Contact AOC team for a demo!